We have book club coming up on Monday at 6pm in the meeting room.
This month’s read is called Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd ~ The book was inspired by the true story of early-nineteenth-century abolitionist and suffragist Sarah Grimke, the author paints a moving picture of two women inextricably linked by the horrors of slavery.
We have a library board meeting coming up on Tuesday at 6pm in the meeting room.
We have story time coming up on Wednesday at 10am in the pond.
We have a Friends of the library meeting coming up on Wednesday at 6:30pm in the meeting room.
Enjoy your week and we hope to see you soon.
1. We have a gift basket of stuff to give away. The gift basket is a thirty-one carryall, coffee cups, blankets and even has a cookie jar in it. How can you win? just check out 4 items and you get 1 ticket to win! The winner will be called on Friday, February 20th.
2. You could win popcorn and a movie this month. The newest
family-friendly movie Big Hero 6 and some popcorn items could be yours ~ all you have to do is write your name, phone number & favorite movie on a ticket. All the tickets will go into a bucket and the winner will be contacted on Monday, March 2nd.
3. We are having a Valentine’s Party on February 12th:
- It is a drop-in party between 5-7pm – stop in anytime, stay as long as you want!
- We will be making Valentines for family and friends (in case you didn’t get to them)
- We will have a photo spot for you to be silly in and take pictures
- We will be decorating cookies with Valentine decorations
- We will be making Valentine’s Day crafts to take home
- We will be serving treats & drinks
- We will have a lot of other fun-things to take home
4. ALL MONTH LONG – we are having a bookmark contest – Design yours today. We will make them into actual bookmarks and will hand them out to the patrons throughout the spring months. Theme of the bookmark is “Think Spring”. Everyone is a winner here! Go to our website @ www.lomira.lib.wi.us or stop at the library for an entry sheet and to see what you can win today! Deadline is March 1st!
5. Story Time every Wednesday morning at 10am. Usually lasts about 45 minutes – we read, sing, do finger plays, make a craft and socialize.
6. Third Tuesday of the month – Lego Night fun starts at 5:20 and goes for about an hour. We have light-up legos.
7. Third Thursday of the month – 3:30-4:30pm ~ R.E.A.D. with Emerson the Therapy Dog.